Webelos – Arrow of Light (5th Grade)
Webelo Scouts (5th Grade) – Arrow of Light
Scouts who have completed the third grade work on the Webelos rank. Scouts who have completed the fourth grade work on the Arrow of Light rank. Most Webelos Scouts are in this program for about 18 months. This is preparation for their later participation in the great adventure of Boy Scouting. After your Scout’s Webelos Scout experience, and after he has completed the fifth grade or is age 11, or has earned the Arrow of Light rank and is at least 10 years old, he’ll be ready for more independence and adventure in a Boy Scout troop. There is a Boy Scout Troop associated with St. Basil Church.
- Be an active member of your Webelos den for at least six months since completing the fourth grade or for at least six months since becoming 10 years old.
- Complete each of the four required adventures:
- Building a Better World (Together)
- Duty to God in You (Together)
- Outdoor Adventurer (Together)
- Scouting Adventure (Together)
- In addition to the four required adventures, complete at least 1 elective adventure.
- Into the wood (Together)
- Maestro (Together)
- Modular Design (NEW) (Together)
- With parent, guardian, or other caring adult, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide
- Complete with parent
- Earn the Cyber Chip award for your age. (Together)
***Each Scout is asked to complete at least two additional elective requirements on their own and present the results to the Den Leader (first by 12/31 and second by 3/31)
Adventures in Science Game Design
Aquanaut Into the Wild
Art Explosion Looking Back, Looking Forward
Aware and Care Moviemaking
Build It Project Family
Castaway Protect Yourself Rules (AOL)
Earth Rocks! Sports
Engineer Yo-Yo (AOL)
***If you are going to complete your religious award for AOL, please work to have it done by 1/15/22.
2021 Meeting Calendar (Thursday Nights) 6:30 p.m.
September 16th – Kickoff and Outdoor Adventure (Required)
September 30th- Outdoor Adventure (Required) (Meadows Picnic Area, Brecksville Reservation)
October 7th- Build a Better World (Required)
October 21st (Pending Mayor) – Building a Better World (Required)
November 6th (Saturday) – Into the Woods (Brecksville Nature Center – 9:30 a.m.) (Elective)
November 18th – Duty to God (Required)
December 9th – Maestro (Elective)
December 23rd – Cyber Chip (Required)